Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thought for the day

Make today a better day for someone you don't know. That's right--a stranger. When you're at work, at the grocery store, shopping in the mall, at the gym, walking your dog or whatever it is you do today, stop and say something nice to a stranger.

"I like your shirt." "Your haircut really complements your face." "You've got a great smile." Just think of something nice to say. Or open a door for a stranger, or slow down in traffic and let them merge into your lane if they need to. Don't be disappointed if they don't thank you (especially if they're in their cars and/or on the phone), just do it because it's a nice thing to do.

Life is short. Let's take a little time to be a little bit nicer to one another.

Here, I'll start.

Thank you so much for stopping to read my blog today. I appreciate that your time is limited and the fact that you took a few minutes to take a look at what I wrote really made my day!

Now pass it on, please.

2 comments:

Wilson James said...

There, Susan, I've read this, and I'm happy to say it!

It's important to say these things!

I think a relatively recent movie called it 'pay it forward' and that's exactly what we do when we make that small effort. For us, it's small, but it can have a major impact; one that we may never know. But what we do for someone may encourage them do something for someone else.

Imagine if we all did as you are suggesting, Susan! What great things could happen?

thanks,

Wil

Susan Cross said...

Yes, Pay it Forward was the movie. Funny, I never saw it but the title was enough to make the point. People are so busy texting right now that they don't look others in the eye or remember how to speak to them. Let's take a break from the devices and make human contact. There, I've said it again! Thanks, Wil for reading. By the way, I like your name, Wilson.