Thursday, July 30, 2009

Never underestimate the power of Twitter

Through a little help from Twitter (never underestimate the power of Twitter) I have secured some old photos of Leroy Cooper when he played with the Ray Charles band and orchestra. The upcoming book will feature photos from the old days to the final days. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy. Why did I think it would be? I had low expectations to avoid disappointments. My how things have changed.

Let me repeat, never underestimate the power of Twitter. If you search for a keyword and find people with whom you share a common interest, you might just hit on the right one. I did. Fate? Luck? Or all those many books I read about writers building a platform through the so-called social networks? Even Larry King claims to use Twitter (Leroy Cooper didn't know how to turn on a computer let alone use MySpace, where I maintain his page, or Twitter) and they're about the same age. Of course Larry has small children and a staff who can handle his computer needs.

No comments: