Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Can you spell the name of Ray Charles back up singers

How many ways can you spell the the name of the group of women who sang with Ray Charles? Seems to me the most logical way would be Raylets. Wrong! I have seen Raylettes. Wrong! Raelettes? Wrong! Ralets? Wrong! Raelets? Wrong. I could go on and on.

Mable John, the lead singer of the ladies in the pretty dresses, singing “I Can’t Stop Loving You” and many of his other songs has informed me that the proper spelling of Ray’s backup singers is: Raeletts!

So, if you guessed Raeletts, you win. I can’t tell you how many times I was a loser until I spoke to the expert. All that matters is that I finally got it right.

2 comments:

Jai Joshi said...

Ha ha, that's hilarious!

I wouldn't have gotten it right either so don't beat yourself up about it. I would have thought it would be Raylettes but there you go. Glad to see you finally found out.

Jai

Susan Cross said...

If I didn't interview Mable John last week, the head Raelett, I would have missed. I asked her and she cleared it up for me.